Talks by Sri Chinmoy
Selections from the talks of Sri Chinmoy
"Spirituality is not an escape from the world of reality. Spirituality tells us what the true reality is and how we can discover it here on earth. Spirituality is not the denial of life, but the purest acceptance of life. Life is to be accepted unreservedly. Life is to be realised soulfully. Life is to be transformed totally. Life is to be lived eternally."
- University of the West Indies, Kingston, Jamaica - January 10, 1968
"If an adult wants to have peace, real peace, he has to realise that he cannot get it by possessing the world or governing the world. It is only by offering what he has and what he is, consciously and unreservedly, to the world at large, that he will have peace."
- Dag Hammarskjöld Auditorium: United Nations, New York July 1, 1971
"Each human being on earth embodies the outer power and the inner power. He is aware of his outer power when he looks without, around himself. He is conscious of his inner power when he dives deep within."
from: The Outer Power and the Inner Power by Sri Chinmoy
- 20 June 1975, Dag Hammarskjold Library Auditorium
“Life is effort.” So says the body. “Life is blessing.” So says the soul. The human in man does not want to go beyond morality, society and humanity. The divine in man comes down from divinity into humanity, from unity into multiplicity."
From: Know Thyself by Sri Chinmoy
- University of Puerto Rico, Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico, August 26, 1968
"We must love God first if we really love life, for God is not only the Source but the very Breath of life. Love of God costs nothing, absolutely nothing, but is worth much. Our mind knows this truth. Our heart practises this truth. Our soul embodies this truth."
From: The Meaning of Life by Sri Chinmoy
- Inter-American University, San Juan, Puerto Rico -October 17, 1968
"In the spiritual life, the name of the sunlit path is Devotion. This path is definitely the shortcut to God-Realisation. It is true that God and His Mysteries are beyond the comprehension of speech and intellect. But it is equally true that God is easily accessible through Devotion."
From: The Sunlit Path by Sri Chinmoy
- University of California at Santa Cruz; October 17, 1969
- Eastern Light for the Western Mind - Collection of talks on Spirituality and philosophy
- Listen to Sri Chinmoy reading excerpts from `Everest Aspiration at Radio Sri Chinmoy
- Everest Aspiration - A series of short talks on spirituality
- Video of Sri Chinmoy explaining his philosophy to a visitor in New York.