Table of Contents
- My Puerto Rico
- What is yoga?
- Types of yoga
- My ego and my soul
- I have worshipped
Questions and answers
- Question: I understood you to say that God is not a mental being. I am not sure what you meant by that.
- Question: Is the mind itself a kind of machine? A sort of machine between the higher and the lower?
- Question: In the old books they talk about Nama-Rupa, Name and Form. Words are Nama-Rupa, right? Ideas are Nama-Rupa. Now this is not really God. These are human concoctions, something you make out of nothing. So naturally, words by themselves, that is, the objective words that we speak or write, have no inherent meaning. The meaning is a manufactured thing. There is no reality in the word in itself.
- Question: Sri Chinmoy, in the Hindu tradition one speaks of Atman equals Brahman — the individual soul equals the Universal Soul. Jesus Christ once said, "I and my Father are One." Are these two statements, coming from two different spiritual backgrounds... are they, in the spiritual light, one and the same statement?
- Question: In the same vein, all the esoteric traditions have always maintained that true knowledge is seeking within. Now may I know this. Jesus said, "The Kingdom of Heaven is within you." The modern conception of Heaven, in the west at any rate, is some far-off place in the beyond where there is perpetual milk and honey. The modern 20th century achievement is pressing them backward even more in their conception of Heaven.
- The role of purity in the spiritual life
- Ramakrishna: Soul of the East