About the Sri Chinmoy Library
- Sri Chinmoy Library is dedicated to publishing online the writings of Sri Chinmoy in electronic form and making these writings freely available.
- At the present moment, we have published (approximately) 1,200 books out of (approximately) Sri Chinmoy's 1,600 published books.
- We are in the process of proof-reading the published books. For the present time, if you wish to republish writings from the website, please double check with the original book.
- Typographical errors can be reported here.
Notes about Library
Sri Chinmoy, wished his books to be available under a creative commons license (non-commercial, with attribution, non-derivative) You are welcome to republish these writings online, with an active hyperlink back to the source page.
- For more details: see our copyright notice
- If you wish to seek permission to use Sri Chinmoy's writings in a commerical capacity: please use our contact form
At the request of Sri Chinmoy, the author:
- This site will publish faithful reproductions of the original first editions. In some instances, the author, later revised his works from the 1st edition; these revised editions will also be published as well as the originals.
- The library will use British-English spelling and British-French rules on typography.
Contributors to Sri Chinmoy Library include:
Development / Drupal coding
- Nirbhasa Magee (Dublin, Ireland)
- Medur Wilson (Ottawa, Canada)
- Manavasu Polansky (Zlin, Czech Republic)
Book formatting / website
- Priyadarshan Bontempi (Verona, Italy)
- Tejvan Pettinger (Oxford, UK)
In addition, we have an extremely diligent team of proofreaders going through the source files on which this site is based, removing errors from the 130,000+ pages.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License - the terms (in laymon's language) are set out below. For use that goes beyond the conditions set out below, please get in touch with us using our contact form.
You are free:
- to Share — to copy, distribute and transmit the work
Under the following conditions:
Attribution. You must attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor (but not in any way that suggests that they endorse you or your use of the work).
Noncommercial. You may not use this work for commercial purposes.
No Derivative Works. You may not alter, transform, or build upon this work.
- For any reuse or distribution, you must make clear to others the license terms of this work. The best way to do this is with a link to this page.
- Any of the above conditions can be waived if you get permission from the copyright holder.
- Nothing in this license impairs or restricts the author's moral rights.
- If you would like to use the content on this site in a way that goes beyond the terms described above, please get in touch via our contact form
- If you would like to reuse any content on the site elsewhere on the web, you can attribute it by linking to the page on this site where you found the content.