Table of Contents
Love and devotion
- Question: How can we teach ourselves to love humanity, not just as a collective whole, but also specifically, when a person's defects and bad qualities are so obvious?
- Question: How can we tell if our love is vital or pure?
- Question: Is it possible to prevent oneself from giving off impure vital love and to substitute the heart's pure love for it? How can we consciously give pure love?
- Question: In what way does love for one's Guru differ from devotion to him? Is it possible to have one without the other?
- Question: When we concentrate on love and devotion, should we direct it mainly to the Supreme or to our Guru?
- Question: Do the words "psychic" and "spiritual" mean the same thing?
- Question: What is devotion? Just a desire to do everything possible for one's Guru?
- Question: What are the manifestations of devotion?
- Question: If we feel that we are not devoted enough, how can we increase our devotion?
- Question: If one has aspiration, but not devotion, does this hinder his spiritual progress?
- Question: What is the difference between spiritual strength and spiritual power?
- Question: In the spiritual life, the importance of purity is always stressed. Are pure actions worthwhile if thoughts are impure? How can we purify our thoughts?
- Question: Should husband and wife try to feel the same kind of love and devotion for one another as they try to feel for their Guru or should it be of a different kind?