Table of Contents
Surrender[fn:: AUM 503-513.The following significant questions were asked by Sarama (Mrs. Linda Smiler) of the New York Centre.
- Question: Is there any relationship between surrender to God and progress — in the opening of the Chakras?
- Question: Does the achievement of complete surrender assure that one will have the possibility of accomplishing self-realisation in this lifetime, or are there other factors that enter the picture?
- Question: Am I correct in assuming that Surrender necessarily precedes Realisation, or may it occur at the time of the first realisation experience or later?
- Question: Having once surrendered completely, is there any possibility of backsliding, or will the strength of the disciple's aspiration and oneness with the Guru's consciousness prevent this?
- Question: Realising that the ability to surrender is 99% dependent upon grace, I have been using part of each meditation time to pray for the grace of God and my Guru. In view of the fact that you have said that prayer is a lesser form of devotion than meditation, I wonder whether what I am doing is a worthwhile effort.
- Question: At times, when praying and meditating on Surrender, I am moved to copious tears. I feel these tears as different from those tears of Soul's joy which I have experienced at times. The anguish which accompanies them, makes me feel that these are not even tears of aspiration, but merely of frustration and this disturbs me. How can I aspire for and concentrate on surrender without becoming so emotional? Even writing this question, I find myself moved to tears.
- Question: What is involved in the surrender of the Vital and of the Physical body? Having surrendered with the heart and soul, how can we best help the other recalcitrant members of our being to surrender?
- Question: I have the feeling that when our heart and our soul have surrendered we can know it ourselves, in fact do know it in our heart, but, other than being told by the Guru, are there any ways in which we can know positively that our Vital and our Physical being have surrendered?
- Question: As one may consciously feel that one deeply wishes to surrender and may in fact do so intellectually, without yet ridding oneself of the fear within the Physical mind, this would seem to indicate that the different levels of mind each have an independent relationship to surrender. Would you please explain what the relationship is?
- Question: When fear holds back the physical mind from surrender, it operates like an invisible enemy. This fear, being subconscious, is something of which we may be totally unaware and even when told that it exists and is holding us back, it remains a fear that we do not feel. I daily offer my fear to the Supreme, but this offering has a feeling of unreality. How may we overcome an invisible obstacle such as this?
- Question: How does Surrender affect rebirth into our next incarnation? Does it in any way assure that we will be able to pick up where we left off without the loss of time which often occurs?
- I am my haven's king
- Ever and never
- I prayed
- Revealing soul and fulfilling Goal