Table of Contents
Part I — Lectures at Harvard Divinity School
- 1. Dedication
- Earth versus Heaven
- With knowledge how far?
- Intellectual versus spiritual
- The mind power versus the heart power
- How to solve world problems
- Is spirituality an escape from reality?
- Earth-bound journey and Heaven-bound journey
Part II — Questions and answers
- Question: How can one have more faith or stronger faith?
- Question: First of all, I thank you. I have been very much struck by your beautiful poems, your stories, your great creative gift to do so much and your paintings. Do you have something to say about that great capacity to produce beautiful things through imagination that relates to spiritual knowledge?
- Question: How is it that you refer to God as "He"?
- Question: How can one find a balance of desires so as not to deny them and push them away, but neither to be overpowered and ruled by them?
- Question: What challenge is offered to the seeker by the world of suffering and the suffering of other people?
- Question: When you speak of human life and divine life it sounds like they are two separate worlds. I find myself here in this world. Why must there be another world?
- Question: Can the soul of a seeker contact his spiritual Master if the Master lives in a different city or country?
- Question: Can you explain the worth of trying to communicate one's inner experiences with others?
- Question: Is liberation possible without the help of a living Master?
- Question: How do we separate the voice of the soul from the intellect and emotion?
- Question: How can we disassociate ourselves from the desires of the flesh?
- Question: How can we build our intuitive power?
- Question: How can we purify our minds?
- Question: Do you advise one to leave society in order to make spiritual progress?
- Question: Could you kindly explain what samadhi is and whether there is a state of consciousness higher than this?