Table of Contents
Part I: Discourses
Part II: Questions and answers on patriotism
- Question: In what manner does a large physical object, such as a mountain, show its patriotism towards the country that it is in?
- Question: What does the soul of America think of patriotism?
- Question: Why do Americans tend to be unpatriotic?
- Question: How can I increase my patriotism?
- Question: When we express patriotism, how can we still make it clear to people that we feel there is something higher and brighter that they should aim for?
- Question: What does patriotism do for the growth of an individual soul?
- Question: How can one be divinely patriotic to one's country?
- Question: How can America's leaders best foster true patriotism in the American people?
- Question: What were the most prominent essential qualities of Thomas Jefferson?
- Question: When a seeker aspires, God reciprocates with Grace. When people of a country are patriotic, does that inspire God to shower a special type of Grace on that country?
- Question: In a country which is predominantly intellectual, what is the best way of inspiring soulful patriotism?
- Question: Is it more important to offer inner patriotic love or outer patriotic service?
- Question: Could you please tell us what the motto of America means from the highest spiritual point of view?
- Question: How can we have a patriotic feeling for our country when we are not one hundred percent behind the government?
- Question: What qualities in particular made the American patriots so great?
- Question: Each nation says, "God is on our side." Which side is God really on?
- Question: At its best, what does patriotism do for the world consciousness?
- Question: Last week in Philadelphia when we visited Independence Hall and went through the rooms, I got a very strong feeling that I had been there before; and I want to know if my soul just was reacting patriotically or whether I really was there during the revolutionary period?
- Question: If someone doesn't feel very patriotic, how can he increase his patriotic spirit?
- Question: How has the patriotic feeling in America changed since the American Revolution?
- Question: Guru, if there is a difference between the souls of nations, does that mean that the word "patriotism" will have a separate meaning in, say, Australia as opposed to America?
- Question: From Heaven does a great patriot see his offering as an offering to a country or to God in general?
- Question: What is the spiritual significance of the colours red, white and blue in the American flag?
- Question: Do children have a more spontaneous love for their country than adults?
- Question: What is patriotism?
- Question: How can we be patriots without separating ourselves from other countries?
- Question: If we love our country but live elsewhere, how can we serve our country?