Table of Contents
Part I — Discourses
- Concentration, meditation and contemplation
- The inner experience of Peace
- The inner experience of Light
- The inner experience of Bliss
- The inner experience of Power
- Love, devotion and surrender
Part II — Questions and answers
- Question: I would like to ask you, how do you develop these processes of meditation? For someone who has never done anything like this before, how do you begin?
- Question: If someone is having great difficulty in meditating because he lacks discipline and cannot concentrate, can you suggest a possible remedy? How can one develop self-discipline and improve his meditation?
- Question: What is your technique of meditation?
- Question: Before beginning meditation and concentration, I was wondering if there should be a specific manner of breathing.
- Question: How can I purify my mind so that I can have a good meditation?
- Question: How is it possible to keep one's mind from having any thoughts?
- Question: In trying to meditate and lead the spiritual life, I am beset by difficulties and discouragement. What should I do?
- Question: In my meditation and in my spiritual life, I feel that I am fighting against time because of my eagerness to reach my goal. Is this the wrong attitude?
- Question: Why is it that I find it so difficult to surrender to my inner life?
- Question: Will meditation enable us to get rid of bad karma?
- Question: I read some place that when one uses sexual energy he is using up some spiritual energy at the same time. Is this true? If so, what can be done if one wants to lead a spiritual life?
- Question: What is wisdom?
- Question: Could you please explain what an authentic Guru is?
- Question: Do you think an aspirant needs a living Guru for realisation?
- Editor's preface to the first edition