Table of Contents
Part I — Yoga
- Question: You say that you teach Yoga. Could you please explain what Yoga is?
- Question: Recently I read about a person who was buried alive for eighteen days and came out unharmed. Does the kind of meditation you teach enable one to eventually perform such feats?
- Physical postures (Hatha Yoga)
- Proper breathing
- Vegetarian diet
- Concentration, meditation, contemplation
Part II — Importance of a Guru
- Question: Do you think that an aspirant needs a living Guru in order to realise God?
- Question: How does a real spiritual Master actually teach meditation?
Part III — Choosing a Guru
- Question: How can a person recognise a genuine spiritual Master?
- Question: Can you tell me how to choose a Master?
- Living in society
- Giving up old friends
Part IV — Marriage and the family life
- Question: Do you think that marriage is necessarily an obstacle on the spiritual path?
- Question: If meditation is the only way of seeing God face to face, what advice would you give to the man who has a family to look after?
- The world's imperfections
Part V — Why some are not accepted as disciples
- Question: Why is it that you do not accept everybody who wants to become your disciple?
- Question: But don't you feel it is your responsibility to help all men?
- A disciple's responsibilities
- Sri Chinmoy Centre meetings
Part VI — Cleanliness
- Question: Is it important to take a shower before coming to meditate at the Centre?
- Question: For girls it is sometimes a complicated process to wash their hair every day. Is it necessary to do so before coming to the Centre to meditate?