Table of Contents
Sri Chinmoy was interviewed on radio station WHOA — Part II —- San Juan, Puerto Rico, on 10 December 1967
- Mr. George Riddell Does anyone else have a question? Mr. Casanova!
- Mr. George Riddell: In Yoga, do you have a Scripture, as we have the Bible?
- Mr. Jim Knight: One of the great, perhaps the greatest Indian political leader of all time was the Mahatma Gandhi. How did he relate to Yoga?
- Question: Sri Chinmoy, the question in my mind is: why do we need a teacher or guru? Or is it important to have a teacher to follow the spiritual path?
- Question: Master Chinmoy, what do you mean by "concentration"?
- Mr. Jim Knight: I have another question deviating just a little bit from what we have been talking about. Most of us in the western world who are ignorant of Yoga have a tendency to think of a Yogi as someone, let us say, sitting with his legs crossed, or someone standing on his head, someone doing particular exercises or things that seem strange to us. How or why does a Yogi perform these feats? How does it relate to his religion?
- Mr. George Riddell: Are you a vegetarian?
- Mr. George Riddell: Are you married?
- Mr. George Riddell: We have one question from our radio audience. Someone has called in with a question. Her question is: "What do you think of the communication between the living and the dead? Do you think there is a communication?"
- Mr. George Riddell: In your answer you have mentioned something that has disturbed my mind. You said something about "heaven and hell." How does Yoga relate to heaven and hell?
- Question: Some persons are disturbed by the problems surrounding them. They think they can find an escape in suicide. Do you think this is a door that we can open at our sweet will to escape from responsibility and suffering?
- Mr. George Riddell: There are many people in the United States who claim that with the use of certain drugs they are able to get closer to God. Of course the Chinese have been using opium for centuries and centuries. How do you feel about using stimulants, drugs, etc. to stimulate the mind in order to get closer to God?
- Mr. George Riddel: We are just about coming to the end of our time now. We have time for one more question.