skip to content
The Sri Chinmoy Library
About the author
AUM — Vol. 6, No. 6, 27 Jan. 1971
First published by
AUM Centre Press
. Published on srichinmoylibrary.com with the permission of Sri Chinmoy.
Table of Contents
The New Year's Message, 1971 —- 31 December 1970: Sri Chinmoy Centre, New York
The Bhagavad-Gita — Chapter XII: The path of devotion
The Bhagavad-Gita — The God Song. Chapter XIII: The field and the knower of the field
Matter and spirit
The yogi with his sixty disciples
1. My name is Adora. Please tell me what Heaven is and what Earth is.
2. My name is Xavier. Heaven and Earth — do they need each other?
3. My name is Angela. You seem to feel that both Heaven and Earth are great. Why?
4. My name is Woodrow. What does God say when one enters into the spiritual life?
5. My name is Anita. Is anything in the world really close to us?
6. My name is Timothy. What I need is the Light of self-perfection.
7. My name is Arlene. I am sorry to tell you that my wild ignorance is the cause of my earthly death.
8. My name is Salvador. Except for you, nothing has any meaning for me.
9. My name is Brenda. In order to be correct, I choose divinity.
10. My name is Sigmund. I do not know what my body, my vital, my mind and my soul need.
11. My name is Clara. When Falsehood stands in front of me, I cannot endure him for long.
12. My name is Rudolph. I feel that deep within me, I have just an atom of divine love. Can I expect anything from God?
13. My name is Donna. You have stolen my heart.
14. My name is Russell. What does God think of those who do not aspire?
15. My name is Doris. From now on, I shall practise obedience.
16. My name is Ruben. I wish to be your devoted dog.
17. My name is Freda. When will God accept me?
18. My name is Powell. Is there any real justice in the world?
19. My name is Glorianna. Does God have a substitute?
20. My name is Percival. Since I have not realised God, I feel that 1 am a form without the soul.
21. My name is Jasmine. It seems to me that when the inner love smiles, the higher truth appears.
22. My name is Nero. I am consumed with the desire to smell the perfume of my inner musk. But unfortunately I do not know where my deer is.
23. My name is Lola. At times, when I come to you, I feel that my heart is empty of love and at other times I feel that it is full of love. Why?
24. My name is Moses. I know nothing. Why? I also feel nothing. Why?
25. My name is Madra. Who is more important, the divine lover or the divine beloved?
26. My name is Monroe. It is your compassion which has made me divine.
27. My name is Sally. I have two more names: insincerity and ingratitude. I offer them to you.
28. My name is Adam. I need joy.
29. My name is Ethel. I need fulfilment.
30. My name is Max. I need perfection.
31. My name is Beth. In my opinion, what I have is intelligence and what you have is intuition.
32. My name is Benjamin. I come to you so often and talk and talk. Is this not an imposition?
33. My name is Yvonne. Does God ever cut jokes?
34. My name is Emmanuel. I know that we judge God. Does God also judge us?
35. My name is Olga. I wish to open God's palace. We keep our keys on a key-ring; where does God keep His keys?
36. My name is Ted. Is it correct to say that frustration ceases and then realisation begins, or does realisation begin and then frustration cease? Please let me know.
37. My name is Deborah. I am eager to learn, but I don't want to be taught. Why?
38. My name is Gabriel. Words no more shall come from me. From now on, only actions. My actions shall speak for me.
39. My name is Winnifred. I wish to be unconditional and perfect.
40. My name is Wilfred. I want to conquer my fear, jealousy and doubt.
41. My name is Allison. Sometimes I feel that you don't understand me.
42. My name is Gregory. I am curious to know if you have made any serious mistake in your life.
43. My name is Molly. Shall I think and then speak, or speak and then think?
44. My name is Shelley. I am spiritually hungry.
45. My name is Pauline. Is it true that aspiration is always needed in the inner life?
46. My name is Mario. Can aspiration offer outer information?
47. My name is Nanette. How can I be humble?
48. My name is Nicholas. Today I am feeling real love for you.
49. My name is Beatrice. I wish to know what will actually happen when I see the truth.
50. My name is Pearson. Why do I always complain? Why do I always try to explain?
51. My name is Frances. Please tell me what do the animal, the human and the divine in me want?
52. My name is Alex. It seems to me that I am nearing my realisation.
53. My name is Alexandra. I am sure that my realisation is a far cry.
54. My name is Frederick. I don't need realisation. I need only you.
55. My name is Erika. What is the difference between a liberated soul and a realised soul?
56. My name is Herbert. Which is more important of the two, God's Grace or God's Justice?
57. My name is Grace. Who loves you most?
58. My name is Kenneth. I want you never to run out of advice.
59. My name is Lorraine. Although we are your disciples, your spiritual children, it seems to me that you listen to us more than we listen to you.
60. My name is Thomas. Forgive me, doubt and I are inseparable. I am sure I shall ask God for proof even when He stands right in front of me.
The New Year's Message, 1971 —- 31 December 1970: Sri Chinmoy Centre, New York ›
Report typographical errors
This book series can be cited using cite-key
This work is licensed under
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License