Table of Contents
Part I: Discourse
Part II: Questions and answers on heart-power and mind-power
- Question: When is mind-power equal to heart-power?
- Question: Is it better to use heart-power or mind-power?
- Question: Do occult power and spiritual power originate from heart-power or mind-power, or both?
- Question: How can we increase the power of the heart?
- Question: Can you have an experience in the heart without feeling it in the heart?
- Question: If a person who cares for mind-power asks a question about heart-power of a person who cares for heart-power, can the heart-power person satisfy the mind-power person with his answer?
- Question: Will the exclusive use of heart-power alone end wars and inter-personal conflict?
- Question: At the present stage of man's evolution, which prevails: mind-power or heart-power?
Part III -- Love and serve
- Love and serve
- Love and serve: questions and answers: 11-20.
- Question: Why is God so subtle?
- Question: Throughout illusion, throughout enlightenment, throughout attachment and non-attachment why do we always say that God is good?
- Question: There is a lot of sickness and sadness in the world. What is the best way to seek spiritual healing?
- Question: How can one bring forth gratitude through oneself?
- Question: If I meditate upon the sensation "I am", will this bring realisation?
- Question: What level of communication have you found most rewarding regarding the world situation?
- Question: Why is it that in all the world there are only a few spiritual seekers? And why is it that only perhaps a few of those will ever see God?
- Question: How do we know what God wants us to manifest, and how can we obtain those qualities or things?
- Question: During meditation and prayer, some people concentrate on certain objects on the shrine, like photographs or some other things. Is it wise for them to cling to these objects, or is it wiser for them to meditate on something that has no form, that they cannot see?
- Question: Eventually, when we realise God, will all these things drop off?
Part IV -- Questions and answers on happiness[^21-34]
- Question: Is it better to be sincerely sad or falsely happy?
- Question: Where does true happiness lie?
- Question: What is the soul's happiness?
- Question: What is the difference between happiness, joy and bliss?
- Question: How can we feel happiness when we displease you?
- Question: How can we realise that only God's Will can give us happiness?
- Question: When we feel unhappy, is it because we are not listening to our Inner Pilot, or is the Supreme having an experience in us?
- Question: How can we remain happy in the face of obstacles?
- Question: Is it possible to experience happiness on the spiritual plane while you are unhappy on the physical plane?
- Question: Could my own inner joy help the rest of my family, like my husband?
- Question: Is it more effective to pray for peace of mind or for cheerfulness when you are unhappy?
- Question: Often when I first wake up in the morning, I don't feel happy.
- Question: Will outer happiness help our spiritual progress?
- Question: Sometimes when I am happy I want to share my happiness with others and help them be happy. Is this possible?
Part V -- General questions and answers
- Question: Guru, sometimes when I don't see you for a long time and I sit down to meditate on your picture, I feel there is a block that does not let me feel your love and concern that is flowing to me. I feel that you are displeased with me and that you have reason to be so.
- Question: Although I am sure that this is my path and I get intense joy in my heart from my devotion to you, sometimes I feel a strong longing for a quiet, monastic life. Where does that longing come from, and if it has a negative origin, how can I best overcome it?
- Question: If we long to achieve Nirvana — that is, the total annihilation of the soul-existence — instead of aspiring for the manifestation of the Divine on earth, is that also an attitude of the deceptive vital?
- Question: Guru, I wish to share with you an experience I had a few weeks ago. I was taking a bath in the river near my house when a voice seemed to call out my name. As I searched for the direction of the sound, a Christ-like figure was sort of delineated in my mind. My heart welcomed the vision by saying, "Brother Jesus, I do not need you; your brother Chinmoy is my Master." At this time, the figure in my mind turned into a black bird of prey and flew out of my mind, sounding off its belching screams.
- Question: Guru, I also saw the Christ, full of love, light and compassion. I also received a message from Him. Is this all true or is it an illusion? Was my ego interfering? After the experience I wrote a poem.
- Question: Does evil exist or is it in our minds?
- Question: Does the inner light have a power of its own to reveal itself to a seeker even though that person has a Master?
- Question: When I work during the night, I often feel very old. At that time, I also feel everything so clearly. What is that state of clearness?
- Question: I've always thought that the people who did some work using their hands were more conscious than others.
- Question: What should be one's attitude when some disciple is a block to one's manifestation?
- Question: Guru, at times I feel that whenever I am about to attend a Centre activity, a resistance presents itself before me and tells me not to go or participate. Am I doomed to feel this resistance, even when I know that the activity will be for my benefit? Sometimes the more I appreciate the benefit, the more strongly the resistance presents itself. Why?
- Question: My worst qualities are my impurity and impatience that brings bad temper to me. When we come to meditate with you and you look into our souls, do you get a general feeling of impurity or negativity, or do you know exactly if it has been bad temper or impurity?