skip to content
The Sri Chinmoy Library
About the author
Poetry: My Rainbow-Heart-Dreams
First published by
Perfection-Glory Press, Augsburg.
. Published on srichinmoylibrary.com with the permission of Sri Chinmoy. This is the 928th book written by Sri Chinmoy after he came to the West in 1964.
Table of Contents
Part I — Society of Writers honours Sri Chinmoy at the United Nations
The golden Flute
American freedom in my poetry
Part II — Poetry-poem-poet
Poetry and prose
6. The universe
38. What I have discovered
39. The dance of life
40. The song of beauty
41. Because you save me
42. Imagination and reason
43. A dream-poet
48. Arise! Awake!
57. Question: Is there an inner world where poetry originates?
58. Question: How can one determine whether his poetry comes from the soul's inspiration rather than from the workings of the ordinary mind?
59. Question: What is the difference between a poem that comes from the higher vital world and a poem that comes from the illumined mental world?
60. Question: Does a spiritual Master get his creative inspiration in a different way from that of an ordinary person?
61. Question: I understand you wrote 843 poems in one day. Why do you write so many poems?
62. Question: Do you feel that if you wrote perhaps a few less, you might reach an even higher standard of poetic quality?
63. Question: Can an advanced soul who tries to reveal the higher truths be compared in some ways to a poet who tries to express and reveal artistic truths?
64. Question: How do we know which talent to develop if we have more than one artistic tendency?
65. Question: If we would like to write poetry but we lose our inspiration, how can we regain that inspiration? Should we just force it?
66. The song of beauty
Report typographical errors
This book can be cited using cite-key
This work is licensed under
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License