Table of Contents
Part I: The Guru and his disciples
- Question: If all Gurus are one instrument of God, why is it so important to have exclusive devotion to only one Guru?
- Question: It seems that the Supreme loves you more than He loves Himself.
- Question: Is it necessary to have any particular background before following your path?
- Question: I practised pranayama before I met you. Now you are offering a different technique. I was wondering if meditating on you is the same as delving within myself?
- Question: How should we listen to your record albums?
- Question: I would like to know what you demand from your disciples and what your relationship is with them. We have heard that you are very strict in accepting disciples and that you do not accept everyone that comes to you.
- Question: What is your relationship with your disciples based upon?
- Question: After the Master has inspired the seeker and the seeker chooses his path, how does he know what his function is?
- Question: Every now and then my consciousness soars very high during the day. Is that because you are meditating on me?
- Question: Is it bothersome if you get these vibrations from us twenty-four hours a day?
- Question: Is it a good idea to discuss your spiritual experiences with your brothers and sisters?
- Question: Please tell me what to do when I feel rejection from my spiritual brothers and sisters.
- Question: You say that God's Divinity meditated and created man. Isn't it also true that man meditated and created God's Divinity?
- Question: In your poetry, you often speak of the indifference of Heaven. How is Heaven indifferent?
Part II — Great Masters and the cosmic gods
- Question: It seems the Christ never meditated but all of a sudden became very high. Is this true?
- Question: Was Christ a painter, an athlete or a poet?
- Question: Who was Ramakrishna?
- Question: There are many Gurus now who have come to the West. Are they coming to share the inspiration that they have received or is there a movement to exploit seekers in the West?
- Question: I have been reading Autobiography of a Yogi and was startled at the findings of Kriya Yoga. Is it true that this Yoga can hasten the evolution of a positive mind?
- Question: I read that Mother Kali is your family deity. Could you speak on her a little please?
- Question: Why is Kali's tongue red in pictures?
- Question: I would like to know the relationship between Lord Shiva and Mother Kali?
- Question: What does the god Agni represent?
Part III — Prayer and mandalas
- Question: What is the relative importance of prayer?
- Question: What is your feeling about your disciples using japa beads?
- Question: Guru, is it good to meditate on mandalas?
- Question: What is the best way to chant our soul's name? What should we feel or imagine?
- Question: Through meditation are you able to master or create any psychic powers?
Part IV — Spirituality and the outer world
- Question: Guru, you said that from our meditation we have to face the outer world with the correct attitude. What sort of attitude is that?
- Question: If I pray for my own salvation, does that mean that I am ignoring the salvation of humanity?
- Question: Is our path going to bring about some sort of social change?
- Question: How can we do well in our studies and also be involved in meditation?
- Question: What is your opinion about reading newspapers?
- Question: How can we deal with this world, which is literally wracked by agony?
- Question: Should we concern ourselves with the world if the world is going downhill and we are trying to climb uphill?
- Question: How can we stop the suffering of the world by gaining access to illumining light?
- Question: In the spiritual life, are we supposed to feel responsible for other people or not?
- Question: Why do you recommend vegetarianism? Is it related to purity?
- Question: How can we concentrate better in sports without interference from ego?
- Question: How important is outer knowledge on our path?