Table of Contents
Part I — Remarks by Sri Chinmoy
Part II — Questions from mothers
- Mrs. Lebenson (Vinaya's mother): Suppose there are those of us who don't recognise God in such an animate way as you do. Certainly I am in awe of all the things in the world — nature, love, knowledge, art — but I don't see the necessity of putting it all in a straitjacket and calling it a blessing of God or, on the other hand, blaming God for a lot of the things that happen throughout the world. I feel that it is enough to be grateful for the things in existence and do the best you can by them.
- Mrs. Lebenson: But people are limited in their capacity for happiness.
- Mrs. Burke (Chidananda's mother): This is a more personal question. I was wondering, on special occasions like Mother's Day, Father's Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Chanukah, why don't you encourage the disciples to spend the day with their parents? Last Father's Day you had a thirteen-hour meditation, and Chidananda wasn't able to wish his father a happy Father's Day, much less see him.
- Mrs. Marcantonio (Albert and Marc's mother): I don't have a question. This is about the seventh time I have had the pleasure of being here. And I am taking the opportunity to thank you for crossing my sons' path. You brought so much happiness to our family. I wouldn't have the pleasure of having Marc with us at times and seeing him if it weren't for you. I really mean it. That I really mean.
- Mrs. Marcantonio: Yes. My husband and I talk about you all the time because we have so much to be grateful for. Marc is not a young boy; he is a man and few mothers have grown sons who come to them with smiling faces. You brought him back to God. When he was a youngster he was religious, but then he drifted away. But you brought that all back. I have so much to be thankful for and I am also speaking for my husband. Thank you. Thank you.
Part III — Comments from mothers
- Apeksha's mother
- Ashrita's mother
- Bhima and Larry Hogan's mother
- Charles Podell's mother
- Chidananda's mother
- Daniel Stern's mother
- Kanan's mother
- Lelihan and Prabuddha's mother
- Lewis Kahn's mother
- Marc and Albert Marcantonio's mother
- Peter Neumann's mother
- Premananda's mother
- Ribhu's mother
- Jason's mother
- Sadhak's mother
- Sahishnu's mother
- Sal Viscardi's mother
- Steve Opera's mother
- Vinaya's mother