Table of Contents
- Dr. Kuznetsov: In the old days the monks used to pray and meditate, and they would get occult powers. But they did not actually care for the powers as such. They cared only to please God with their prayers and meditations.
- Dr. Kuznetsov: In many religions, people try to make their bodies suffer. They believe in the suffering of the body. In Christianity, for example, at times you have to abstain from food. In some religions, monks withdraw from life. According to my understanding, these people who are trying to make their bodies suffer feel they will increase their meditation capacity this way.
- Dr. Kuznetsov: What is the connection between your outer strength and your inner prayer and meditation?
- Dr. Kuznetsov: There was a great person named Roerich who travelled to India and Tibet. When I went to his estate, there was a picture of his wife on the wall. She was the daughter of a famous Russian general. She meditated extremely well, and she was a person of great inner strength. I was totally surprised that in the picture there was a light around her head.
- Dr. Kuznetsov:: I also know that artists draw auras around the heads of saints. The energy was so strong in the case of Roerich's wife that even in a photograph one could see the light around her head. Do you believe in certain biological energies which are connected with the spiritual forces?
- Dr. Kuznetsov: Because you are a very wise person, I would like to ask your permission to call you 'Swami'.
- Dr. Kuznetsov: So you accept both the spiritual world and the material world?
- Dr. Kuznetsov: There is a legend that Sri Ramakrishna was connected with Russia.
- Dr. Kuznetsov: I know that story. This is a great thought. If we understand this thought in a general sense, it will give hope for the rebirth of Russia.
- Dr. Kuznetsov: I feel that Russia has suffered more than any of the other countries in the world. And yet Russia was never a country that did not believe in God. Russia was a country that always believed in higher things.
- Dr. Kuznetsov: The ideas of Sri Ramakrishna are great because they bring together all religions.
- Dr. Kuznetsov: How do you feel about occult power?
- Dr. Kuznetsov: Your teaching of love is extremely important for Russia.
- Dr. Kuznetsov: These are beautiful words. Thank you very much for answering these questions. It is very important to me.
- Lifting Up the World with a Oneness-Heart
- Reporter: What is your message to the world and possibly to the young people of our country? What is the essence of your credo?
- Reporter: Through what means can a person establish peace of mind and peace in the world? Is it through meditation or through doing good things or through a better way of living?
- Dr. Felix Kuznetsov: We would like to offer you gratitude for your heart's welcome to us. Through us, you are welcoming our whole country — all the Soviet people. We feel that it is coming from your heart. Meeting with you has been one of the most important events in our visit to America.
- Mrs. Kuznetsov: We are all one. We hope that our children will be friends with each other and that there will be no borders. We would like to come to visit our friends without any effort.
- Question: Where does a person go when he dies?
- Question: Was it John Kennedy's time to die, or are there accidents?
- Question: At your New Millennium Peace Concert in Central Park, it felt like you were heralding a consciousness that was completely different than what we know of on this earth. When you are offering these New Millennium Peace Concerts, what is the consciousness that you are bringing in?
- Question: Is there any quality that will be most important for us to develop for the New Millennium?
- Question: This New Millennium is accompanied by so much hope, but I have two fears. The first fear is that I will remain unchanged, and the second fear is that the Supreme will get tired of constantly coming to my rescue. Are these fears justifiable?
- Question: What gave you the most joy during your weightlifting anniversary performance recently?
- Question: I have always been very impressed by the glow on Mahasamrat's face. Is it physical or spiritual?
- Question: What is the best way to make progress through pain and sickness? I am sick so often.
- Question: Could you please say something about Sahadeva from the Mahabharata?
- Question: If you have a sports injury, for example, a calf injury, is there any way to inwardly heal it totally?
- Question: Does the New Millennium mean something for everybody on earth or just for those who are using a particular calendar?
- Question: The other night you spoke about our plays that we perform for entertainment here on the Christmas trip. What can we do in our plays to please you more?
- Question: You were talking about the New Millennium and how, like in the theatre if you do not go inside at the third bell, then you cannot go inside any more. So for this New Millennium, God's Hour has struck. Can you speak more about this?
- Question: You said that when the New Millennium comes, the newness that can help us may take a form that we may not be able to recognise.
- Question: There is one line in the New Year's Message that is not clear to me. It says, "Either we bind and blind the old world and retire, or we embrace the new world of the forward march." What do you mean by "bind and blind the old world"?
- Question: When you scold us, how can we accept it cheerfully?