Table of Contents
Part I — Consciousness and Immortality
- Consciousness and Immortality
- Question: How can you tell the difference between dynamic and impatient consciousness?
- Question: What should you do to keep your consciousness up if someone else is in a bad mood or angry?
- Question: What is your path?
- Question: What relationship does one have with the inner world when practising Zen?
- Question: Sometimes while I'm meditating I get this feeling that I am not existing. I fear this and I want to know if this is my ego fear or is this transcendence?
- Question: Do those who follow your path have to give up their religion?
Part II — Self-discovery and world-mastery
- Self-discovery and world-mastery
- Question: How can we find inner peace of mind when so many of our brothers and sisters are suffering all over the world?
- Question: How do we unlearn the teachings of the mind?
- Question: Is there any difference between God and the soul?
- Question: Isn't it true that everyone has a Guru, even though he may not be manifested in the flesh?
- Question: What is your view on fasting?
- Question: Is there any value in associating with spiritual people?
Part III — The world within and the world without
- The world within and the world without
- Question: How can I tell the difference between true intuition or spiritual awakening and possible hallucination when attempting to meditate?
- Question: Is my yearning for the Absolute sufficient to attain to a high level of meditation?
- Question: What is the distinction you make between the mind and the heart?
- Question: In meditating on the heart, should we try to feel the heart, or concentrate the mind on the particular spot where the heart is?
- Question: Do you feel that feelings and the mind are connected?
- Question: What is the difference between a vital desire and a mental desire?
- Question: How can we best experience peace?
Part IV — Transcendence and perfection
- Transcendence and perfection
- Question: If you're always aiming for perfection, which you never can get, then when is there a rest? When is there a satisfaction?
- Question: How can we transform daily anxiety and destructive self-criticism?
- Question: Is the world progressing spiritually?
- Question: Is it painful for you to meet people who systematically try to disturb your inner peace?
- Question: What happens after one realises God?
- Question: Is it possible for an atheist or agnostic to realise self-perfection?
- Question: Isn't spirituality a way of escaping from our problems or difficulties?
- Question: Is it possible to realise God in one existence?
- Question: Some Masters say the spiritual heart is in the centre of the chest; others say it is off to one side. How can this be?
- Question: But in this case, how can we meditate on the heart? We don't even know where it is.
- Question: How can we love God more with our mind?
- Question: Do we have to live in the material world to practise spirituality?