Table of Contents
Part I — Who is the Guru?
- Question: Sri Chinmoy, what is your definition of the Guru?
- Question: Why does one need a Guru?
- Question: Does a Guru represent God to his students?
- Question: What is the relationship between you and your disciples?
- Question: Do the people who come to you follow your life?
- Question: What is the difference between the terms "Guru," "Swami" and "Sri"?
Part II — The Guru's example
- The Guru's example
- Question: I am confused because there is no single mind among those who have studied at the source of this philosophy of living. I have not found any two teachers who are alike, and I have met many. So it is very disturbing.
- Question: How does one know whether he is ready for the spiritual path or not?
- Question: Should we follow a specific spiritual path?
- Question: But God is beyond everything. He is beyond a path, He is beyond concept.
- Question: Does each individual have a specific path or are all paths relatively similar?
- Question: Sometimes I don't know if I should choose the spiritual life or the old life.
Part III — Receptivity and the Master's Height
- Receptivity and the Master's Height
- Question: Is it true that one can sleep in his Master's boat and still reach the destination?
- Question: I was initiated by a Jain Master in New York City who gave me my own mantra, but I've been finding it very difficult to adopt a specific technique for realising my inner self.
Part IV — Sri Chinmoy's Path
- Sri Chinmoy's Path
- Question: What is the process involved in joining your Centre?
- Question: Do you tell seekers if they have been accepted as your disciples?
- Question: How long does it take you to know if someone is your disciple?
- Question: If you know someone is meant for another path, how will you tell them?
- Question: Does reading your writings help my aspiration?
- Question: Is initiation necessary for real spirituality to develop?
Part V — The Spiritual Journey: Oneness In Diversity
- Question: If you were comparing your religion to Islam, Christianity or Buddhism, which one is nearest to your belief?
- Question: Do you believe in sin?
- Question: When do you begin to teach children about spirituality?
- Question: Guru, how would you relate your mission with Christ's mission?
- Question: If someone is following his own religion, does that mean he is leading a spiritual life?
- Question: Does each spiritual Master have a different path, or are the differences between paths due simply to personality differences?
- Question: Which Western spiritual Masters can enter into all seven spheres?
- Question: Are there any Gurus in India who are also householders?
- Question: But I mean, right now do they live with their own wife and children, and at the same time, have their disciples?
- Question: Is your attitude the same as that of the Christian missionaries who said that only their path leads to salvation?