Table of Contents
Part I: Meditation: the ABC's
- Question: Guru, you mention meditation. What does it mean to meditate?
- Question: Why do we meditate?
- Question: How can one still one's mind in meditation?
- Question: How do people meditate on your path?
- Question: Would you please be a little more specific when you say 'meditate on the heart'? Do you mean to meditate on the physical heart or on the spiritual centre?
- Question: Is there any specific technique that you teach?
- Question: How often should we meditate?
- Question: Is a Master mandatory for proper meditation?
- Question: How do you teach us to meditate?
Part II: Prayer, mantra and invocation
- Question: Sometimes when I am walking down the street I feel like chanting to myself. Is this a form of withdrawal?
- Question: Are rituals and invocations really important for meditation? Sometimes we feel that because you are not physically with us that we have to invoke your presence.
- Question: How can one pick a mantra?
- Question: How can we avoid having expectation during our prayer or meditation?
Part III — Meditation and the guru
- Question: Why do you sometimes ask that I look at you when I meditate?
- Question: What can I do if sometimes I don't feel like meditating on your picture?
- Question: Does our restlessness affect the peace that you have in meditation?
- Question: Guru, when I start aspiring to meditate, I feel your compassion coming down and I feel your smile. Should I stop and surrender or should I try to keep on aspiring during the meditation and go higher?
- Question: If we set a specific time for our morning meditation, do you feel disappointed if we sometimes oversleep?
- Question: How can we find our Inner Pilot and listen to it?
- Question: A couple of times a year you give marks for your disciples' meditation. Why do you do this?
Part IV: Experiences of the higher worlds
- Question: Sometimes I'll get a real high sound in my ear, even though I am not meditating. I'll just be sitting and all of a sudden I'll get this sound. Could you explain it to me?
- Question: Sometimes when I meditate, I notice a vibration or a stress. What is it?
- Question: How can I recognise a spiritual experience as such?
- Question: When I meditate I often feel a split in my consciousness. Part of my consciousness is in a deep meditation while another part of my consciousness is observing and carrying a running commentary on what is being experienced. I would like to know how this can be overcome.
- Question: When I have a good meditation, why is the photo of you in your transcendental consciousness always smiling?
- Question: I had an experience in which I felt the purity of God and the feeling of Eternity and Power.
- Question: What is the significance of seeing glowing white light or a point of white light in meditation?
- Question: Sometimes when I have been meditating, my head starts to breathe on its own.
- Question: In my meditation, several times I have had the experience that I was free; I felt the freedom of my existence. But then I had to go back to my regular life, and I felt very tired and very drained.
- Question: I also feel very sad when I come down.
Part V: Questions and answers on meditation
- Question: Is it important to meditate only at our shrine at home, or can we try to meditate wherever we are?
- Question: Can you ever tell if you are going to have a good meditation before you start meditating?
- Question: Is it bad for someone to fall asleep after meditation if he is meditating at three or four in the morning?
- Question: Is it possible to reach your goal just by contemplating your own thoughts?
- Question: Is there any way to determine what our level of mind is?
- Question: I saw a picture of you with your hands folded like this. What does that mean?
- Question: Does the fact that we are meditating mean that during the day our consciousness will be higher than it used to be when we were not meditating?
- Question: What is the difference between meditating in the normal way and offering gratitude?
- Question: I would like to know the best and the most effective way to raise one's consciousness and to maintain that level.
- Question: How are we supposed to meditate?