Table of Contents
- After the meditation at Heiligenkreuz Monastery
- Question: How can we better manifest the peace and joy that we feel in meditation in our day-to-day life?
- Question: What is the difference between prayer and meditation?
- Question: I would like to know your opinion about Jesus Christ.
- Question: What do you say about the Holy Spirit?
- Question: What is the spiritual meaning of the colour blue?
- Question: Did you grow up as a Christian or as a Hindu?
- Question: In that case, is Christ like a prophet or somebody like Gandhi for you?
- Question: Do you believe in reincarnation?
- Question: It is the Christian belief that because Christ died on the Cross, we will all reach salvation after our death. What is your view of this?
- Mother Superior: Tomorrow you are going to see our Federal Councillor, Flavio Cotti. As a final question, I would like to know if you are going there as a private person or as a spiritual leader.
- "The statue embodies the most powerful peace you can ever imagine or feel."
- Dr. Davis: At this stage in my life, I am feeling the need to do more meditation. For the last month now I have been doing mantras while meditating on the heart.
- Dr. Davis: Is it all right if I share with you what I have been using as a mantra? Does it matter if I tell you?
- Dr. Davis: This is very interesting. The path to spirituality is a very complex one.
- Dr. Davis: That is beautiful. My husband and I enjoyed your concert when we were there. It was marvellous to see you play so many different instruments. I did not even know the names of some of the instruments.
- Dr. Davis: I notice that everybody wears open and free-flowing clothing. Is that significant?
- Dr. Davis: It appears to me that when you start on the spiritual path, that is when the evil things come at you at a more intense pace.
- Dr. Davis: May I ask you a question about the role of candles and burning incense?
- Dr. Davis: Does the colour matter?
- Dr. Davis: The lotus is my favourite! I use the lotus as the symbol of my life. I started to tell you earlier that when I think about my life, I say that I am rooted in the water.
- Russell Wilson: I want to tell you that I felt that I had to see you. I read one of your books and some of your poems. I found them to be very inspiring. I felt that I needed to see you so I could learn from you.
- Russell Wilson: I can feel you inside me, Guruji.
- Russell Wilson: I am honoured, Sir. I can feel you so strongly that it is hard to talk. But it is a very pleasant and beautiful feeling. I am seeking inner peace, and I felt a very strong connection with you. If you would be accepting of me, I would like to learn from you.
- Russell Wilson: How do I go to the heart?
- Russell Wilson: Guruji, your philosophy has already been an inspiration to me. I have one of your poems in my office. I show that poem to everyone who comes into my office. And whenever I feel myself getting angry or upset, I look at it. Whenever a problem comes up, I read that poem first before I deal with the problem. It brings me back to the basic reality — that you can't improve anything until you improve yourself. I showed the poem to my wife, who is a physical therapist. She works with very sick children.
- Russell Wilson: When I saw your face on the video, I somehow felt a pull towards you. I can't explain it.
- Russell Wilson: I know from the video, Guruji, that you were very close to U Thant.
- Russell Wilson: I didn't even know that you knew him when I first decided that I had to see you.
- Russell Wilson: I have to tell you that even before I met you, you touched my life with your brilliant poetry and philosophy. I knew you were something very special and I wanted to really learn from you. But I felt that this could not be accomplished without meeting you. I thank you for the honour of meeting you. I just want to tell you how much I admire your brilliance and how much you have touched my life.
- Russell Wilson: Without spiritual satisfaction, it is very difficult to do that work.
- Russell Wilson: Guruji, I have a very difficult question to ask you. Why, in India, which some believe is the centre of all religion and where spirituality plays such an important role, is there so much strife and tension?
- Russell Wilson: May I ask you just a few more questions on meditation? When is the best time to meditate, and for how long should I meditate?
- Russell Wilson: Do you advocate meditating with the eyes open or closed?
- Mrs. Kovanda: I have to tell you that our baby is a greater and greater joy for us every day. I wish I could feel what he is feeling!
- Mrs. Kovanda: I would like to ask you how I should meditate, concerning the baby.
- Mrs. Kovanda: What should I do for my husband?
- Mrs. Kovanda: I find it very difficult to pray for anything other than health because health is so important. I feel selfish when I pray for anything else.
- Mrs. Kovanda: Should I pray in silence or out loud?