Table of Contents
- Question: Before the ultra race that I did last September, I was wondering what we are supposed to do, as runners, during the race. A marathon is only a few hours long, but an ultra race is days and days. I feel it is very important, as a disciple, to still follow our discipline —- to read, to sing, to meditate —- but it is very difficult to do the same things as usual. Do you have something to say about it?
- Question: One lady in Moscow has asked me to give you her love. She is extremely ill, and we do not know if she will be alive when we return. She has to stay in bed all the time. Whenever I ask her something, she says, "Wait a little bit." Then she meditates for a few minutes and she gets a very clear answer from within. So she is asking if she should believe in this answer. Is it her higher self that is giving her the answer?
- Questioner: For example, sometimes I bring her some medication, and she tells me, "Wait a little bit." Then she meditates and, after a few minutes, she may say to me, "Today I cannot take this medication. After three or four days I will take it." Like this, very precise answers she gives me. Sometimes she says, "Not now, but on the 13th of the month I can take it."
- When we pray to God, "Do not give me freedom", we are actually telling God, "I want to remain bound —- bound inside Your Heart or bound at Your Feet."
- Question: In your writings, you have said that it is unspiritual to borrow anything, and I was wondering if you could please elaborate on that. In one of your poems, you say that God has not learnt the clever art of borrowing, unlike us.
- Question: We are trying to translate your books into Indonesian, and one of the difficult things in Indonesian is that they use the same word for Eternity and Immortality. Even in the English dictionary, they are very closely related. So we were wondering, when you use these two words, what are the deeper meanings that you are trying to convey?
- Question: The other day you asked us to concentrate on conquering jealousy and insecurity. I was wondering if one way to do that would be not to focus so much on the thought, "I must get rid of my jealousy", but to invoke its opposite, to think of oneness or some other divine quality.
- Question: When you offer your prayerful concerts, thousands of people attend, but when you lift, you lift only one person at a time. I was wondering if you do something for more than one person when you are lifting.
- Question: When our body is wounded in some way, the body's response is to develop a scar. Usually, the area of the scar has less feeling; it is tough and inflexible. If we develop inner scars as the result of some painful life experience, is there a way to remove them?
- Question: This is a very practical question. When I work, I create piles of paper. Most of it is trash, but some of it is very important. I have boxes and boxes of paper in my house. I would like to know why I am doing this and how I can have more inspiring beauty around me instead of a clutter of paper.
- Question: This morning you said, "Those who sincerely pray will never want to be on their own." I was wondering if that is because when we sincerely pray, we always enjoy God's Company.
- Question: I have seen the picture of you in the Sri Aurobindo Ashram when you were doing the pole-vault. You were very, very high —- possibly four metres off the ground. How did you land? I saw that there was only sand on the ground.
- Question: I love everything in nature. It inspires me and makes me happy. But I do not like the wind and I am wondering what is the quality of wind?
- Question: Do sports help to purify the vital?
- Question: Should we repeat one particular prayer, or can we repeat many different prayers?
- Question: I wanted to ask if you have any dreams when you are resting.
- Question: Could you please tell us what is the most powerful way for us to feel the Supreme's Protection?