Table of Contents
Part I — Concentration, meditation and contemplation
- Concentration, meditation and contemplation
- Question: Can you speak more on concentration?
- Question: Is prayer necessary?
- Question: Can you tell us something about why there seems to be a growing attraction to meditation in America?
Part II — The mind and the heart in meditation
- Question: How can I start meditating in the heart right from the beginning without going through the mind first?
- Question: When I am meditating, sometimes I have trouble distinguishing whether what I feel is my mind imagining my heart or whether it is really my heart.
- Question: Guru, very often when meditating in a group in front of the room, when I concentrate on my heart centre, I find that my breathing is very heavy and very distracting.
- Question: When I meditate with my heart on your picture I've been getting a headache.
- Question: If an inspiration comes into the mind when one is meditating, should one follow the inspiration or remain in the heart?
- Question: How can one discipline the mind during meditation?
Part III — Maintaining one's height
- Question: After I have a good meditation I lose it. What can I do to maintain my meditation?
- Question: When we are having a high meditation, what is the method that we can use to stay at that point where we know and feel that there is no separation between any of us?
Part IV — Public meditations
- Question: What is the advantage of joining a specific path and meditating with others?
- Question: I find public meditations very hard for me. I come in feeling beautiful. Then I feel all this pain coming into my heart and into my head. Am I being attacked? What do you suggest?
- Question: I have no problem in Centre meditations.
- Question: At a recent seven hour meditation I found it difficult to meditate for the entire period.
- Question: Could we have a week of solid meditation in order to make some progress?
Part V — Drowsiness and other problems
- Question: How does physical pain, illness or an unpleasant experience affect meditation?
- Question: What should we imagine if we are very tired during our morning meditation?
- Question: Sometimes I feel sleepy in meditation.
- Question: For a six o'clock meditation, will we do better if we get up at five and are up for a full hour before meditating? If we enter into activity do we become more awake?
Part VI — The height and depth of meditation
- Question: Is there a difference between height and depth in meditation?
- Question: During meditation is it better to have intensity, or to be full of peace, light and bliss?
- Question: In meditation should we stay in ecstasy or follow something else?
Part VII — General questions
- Question: Does it sometimes happen that when a person can't assimilate any more light, he just starts expressing it like a cup full to the brim that starts overflowing?
- Question: Can we consciously offer the fruit of our meditation?
- Question: What does it mean to "express" the light or other qualities that you have received from meditation? Does it mean to offer these qualities to others?
- Question: When I am doing an activity and feel the call to meditate, does it mean I have to stop the activity to meditate?
- Question: As I understand it, meditation requires a certain amount of time. How can people find the time to be involved?
- Question: For the past two weeks I have felt an unusual coolness. Can you tell me what it is?
- Question: Guru, I heard somewhere that if we only meditate on the higher chakras in our body, then in our next life our lower chakras will try to pull us down?
- Question: If you chant the name of someone in silence, does that feed their soul?
- Question: Is meditation the only way to live from moment to moment in the Eternal Now?
- Question: Can a housewife meditate?
- Question: When I meditate with you I feel I want to give up outer things, that all I want to do is meditate.