Table of Contents
Perfection and transcendence
Acquiring good qualities
- Question: What is the easiest way to evoke our divine qualities?
- Question: What is the relationship between love and gratitude?
- Question: What is the best way to increase our gratitude?
- Question: Is there any outer sign of spiritual progress?
- Question: How can I get satisfaction right this minute?
- Question: How can we achieve self-poise?
- Question: How can the confidence of the heart be brought into the mind and made to stay there?
- Question: How can we develop detachment?
- Question: Should I pray for purification of the mind?
- Question: How can we find lasting peace?
- Question: How can a disciple manifest the qualities of a divine warrior?
- Question: Guru, I find it very difficult to have faith in myself. Will my faith develop as I try to lead a spiritual life?
- Question: Is faith a gift?
- Question: How can you attain inner serenity and peace when you look around and see war, poverty, hunger, drugs and death in the world?
- Question: Don't you feel frustrated in trying to reach inner peace when you see what the government is doing to your fellow men?
- Question: How can I become truly humble?
- Question: How can I have inner obedience?
- Question: How can I strengthen my devotion?
- Question: How can one become more dynamic? The more there is to do, the slower I go. How can I overcome this?
Sincerity and purity
- Question: How do we begin to develop sincerity?
- Question: How can I become more sincere in my spiritual life?
- Question: How can I grow more sincere in my spiritual search?
- Question: What does sincerity actually mean?
- Question: What can a seeker do to become sincere?
- Question: How does one discern his sincerity in the beginning? What certitude does he have that he is sincere?
- Question: How do we achieve sincerity and perfection in our nature?
- Question: What is the difference between purity and sincerity?
- Question: Can purity be had overnight?
- Question: How can a person feel a longing for God and, at the same time, have patience? It seems like a contradiction.
- Question: What is the difference between patience and lack of aspiration?
- Question: How can I be more patient and understanding with my daughter?
Maintaining one's spiritual height
- Question: Is there anything we can do to maintain the inspiration we have at the beginning of the year? Usually by March, I've just given up hope on my New Year's resolution.
- Question: Guru, how can we aspire when we are working in the outer world?
- Question: How can I maintain the peace that I feel at the Centre when I get home?
- Question: How can I maintain my joy and simplicity in the midst of the mental activity that my school work demands?
- Question: How can I help myself aspire in the rush of classes at school?
- Question: How can I maintain spontaneous delight?
- Question: Guru, very often I feel full of love and joy before I fall asleep. If I want to go to bed early and I turn out my light, I may remain awake without any conscious thoughts except gratitude. But I am worried about getting up in the morning. I want to be rested, but instead, I get maybe three or four hours of sleep.
- Question: What is the best way to maintain the inner cry?
- Question: I think that every day we have to surrender, that one day is not enough. Is this right?
- Question: Is surrender the same thing as praying to the Supreme to let His Will be done?
Silence and truth
- Question: Is it proper to answer a question with silence, or when we are asked a question are we obliged to tell the truth?
- Question: Guru, would you please say something about this meditation of yours from Food for the Soul: "I tell the truth. The world is hurt. I tell a lie, God is hurt. What am I to do? Silence. I must live in silence and become the smiling breath of silence. Lo, the world loves me and God blesses me."