skip to content
The Sri Chinmoy Library
About the author
First published by
. Published on srichinmoylibrary.com with the permission of Sri Chinmoy.
Table of Contents
Part I — Forgiveness song
1. Jiban debata
Part II — Talks on forgiveness
Forgiveness and gratitude
Part III — Questions and answers on forgiveness
4. Question: Do we truly reap all we sow, from every thought, from every action?
5. Question: How does the Supreme illumine the past?
7. Question: How do you receive God's Forgiveness?
8. Question: If I do something wrong and ask the Supreme to forgive me, how do I know whether He has forgiven me?
10. Question: If a person feels that God is all forgiving, won't that make it easier for the person to commit mistakes?
11. Question: How do you forgive injustice?
12. Question: How can we remember to forgive the world for its defects and to forgive ourselves for our own defects?
13. Question: How do we know when we should forgive a person who has injured us, and when we should retaliate?
14. Question: Is there any limit to God's Forgiveness?
Part IV — Poems on forgiveness
15. Two hopes
16. Forgive and forget
17. My heart-home
18. If to forgive is divine
22. God's magic Wand
23. O forgiveness-light from Above
24. Endless talking
25. You have not forgiven me
26. My conscious self-glory
27. Appreciation for my prayer
28. I am ready to weep
29. God's Forgiveness-Eye
30. Every time I run away from You
31. Teach what you are being taught
32. Your chastening Eye
33. Two places to hide imperfections
34. He who fears
35. Man's ingratitude
36. My life is forgiven by God
37. Love can enlarge
38. Comfortable but not soulful
39. What you are doing right now
40. When I choose
41. To become a perfect instrument
42. A different drink
43. A different friend
44. I have not loved you
45. I have not served you
46. I have not spoken to the world
47. I have not manifested you
48. God's Forgiveness finds me
49. His life's early morning
50. God's Compassion-Heights
Part V — 50 songs for forgiveness — composed during Christmas 1986-1987
91. Khama tumi karbe jani — You will forgive me
92. Prabhu taba khama — My Lord, your forgiveness
93. Shasti kothai — Where is punishment
94. Ke amare ogo karibe ajike khama — Who will forgive me today
95. Basana duar ruddha kariya — Close my desire-door today
96. Khamar jogya nahi ami jani — Forgiveness I do not deserve
97. Shato aparadh kariyacho khama — Hundreds of crimes of mine You have forgiven
98. Khama lagi kandte habe — In the depths of my heart
99. Bahire nehari — In my outer life
100. Puratane khama karite haibe — I must forgive my own past
101. Param pitar khama jani — My Absolute Lord's Forgiveness
102. Param prabhur khama bina — Everything is far, very far
103. Bishal hriday nahi jage — A vast heart can never be awakened
104. Tumi tomar kripar ankhi — You are Your Compassion-Eye.
105. Jibaner bhore kariyacho khama — At the dawn of my life You forgave me
106. Dhire ati dhire man jangal — Slowly, very slowly in my mind-jungle
107. Ati druta gati hridaya kanane — Speedily and speedily, in my heart-garden
108. Param pitar nitya nutan — I am alive in this world
109. Bhagabaner khama chhara — Without God's Forgiveness
110. Shasti tomar tomar khamar — Your Punishment is another form
111. Tumije anadi khamar baridhi — Always You are Your beginningless Forgiveness-Ocean
112. Manaser bane aparadh kari — In my mind-jungle I commit crimes
113. Khamar lagi kendechilam — I cried for forgiveness
114. Hai hai hai hai — Alas, alas
115. Animeshe kandbo ami — Sleeplessly I shall cry today
1. Jiban debata ›
Report typographical errors
Translations of this page:
This book can be cited using cite-key
This work is licensed under
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License