Table of Contents
Part I — What is purity?
- Question: What is purity?
- Question: Could you name some impurities? Do they affect us outwardly as well as inwardly?
- Question: What is the highest kind of purity I can aspire to?
- Question: Is it possible for a person to become unintentionally involved in the vibrations of someone who is impure?
Part II — Purity in the various parts of the being
- Question: On what part of our being should we meditate for purity?
- Question: How important is the body's cleanliness?
- Question: How can I separate myself from my physical desires?
- Question: You said that we must keep divine thoughts in our mind, not undivine thoughts. How do we know which are divine thoughts?
- Question: Although I am a human being and not an animal, sometimes it seems almost impossible for me to purify my vital life as you say I should.
- Question: I really feel that I need purity in the mind, so I started doing japa in the morning. But after a few hundred times it is agony for me.
- Question: What is the psychic being, and what is its role in our spiritual life?
- Question: What are the predominant qualities of the body, vital and mind?
- Question: How can we purify ourselves?
Part III — Purity in the vital
- Question: What Is the vital?
- Question: Does that mean that whenever we feel anything from the lower region it is the vital?
- Question: What is a vital demand?
- Question: I find it very difficult to control the senses. Is this an inner or an outer conflict?
- Question: Whenever I see a beautiful woman, sex thoughts enter my mind. I try to destroy them, but they persist.
- Question: Why have you come to America? Americans are all indulging in sexuality. Americans are all animals. Why have you come to America to help these people with your spiritual light?
- Question: Could you talk about sexual abstention in terms of getting to a higher consciousness?
- Question: If everyone followed the spiritual path they would reach a time when they would give up their sexual lives. If everybody did that, there would be no more incarnations!
- Question: The analyst tells us that if we can bring our sex desires to the surface and express them we can become emotionally mature. But spiritual teachers say that sex desire stands in the way of inner growth. Who is right?
- Question: I have been told by my spiritual Master that vital enjoyment and the spiritual life can go together. But I find that when I follow this philosophy my meditation as absolutely rotten. How can vital enjoyment and meditation go together?
- Question: Sometimes I feel as if am two conflicting persons. Can you please explain this feeling?
Part IV — Emotion
- Question: Is there any difference between emotion and the vital?
- Question: Is it wrong for spiritual aspirants to demonstrate their affection for each other physically in public?
- Question: Should we try to help other people with their emotional problems?
- Question: Sometimes when I stand next to certain people I feel a great warmth and energy exchange, a merging of hearts, as it seems, and a certain degree of excitement. Is this something that I should be cautious of or something that I should throw myself into, or should I just let it happen as it will happen?
- Question: How are we to combat the obscure, dark emotions which wrack the world today?
- Question: When we feel joyful most of the time, does that mean God is pleased with us?
- Question: How can I express love and manifest love in the physical world?
Part V — Desire
- Question: Are we on earth just to desire? Is desire the only necessity?
- Question: When you say we have to control our desires in order to realise God, does that mean that desires will be around forever but under the control of the soul?
- Question: How can we avoid the desire for the fruits of action?
Part VI — Marriage
- Question: What Is the place of the sex life in your spiritual Centre?
- Question: For what purpose is the union between man and woman?
- Question: Can you please speak about marriage with regard to the spiritual life?
- Question: Is self-purification more difficult because we are married?
- Question: You mentioned that the role of the husband is silence and the role of the wife is power. What do you actually mean by this?
Part VII — Practical methods of attaining purity
- Question: What is the most effective way I can attain purity?
- Question: Where should I concentrate my efforts towards purity, and how should I do so?
- Question: Can impurity be totally removed from my life? No matter how hard I try, it seems to stay with me like a chronic disease.
- Question: What can we do during our meditation to transform or to help purify the mind, vital and body?
- Question: I have been doing japa for purity, chanting 'Supreme'. Is this the best way to attain purity?
- Question: Is it necessary to have beads or can you count on your fingers while doing japa?
- Question: In japa does it make any difference whether you repeat the word fast or slowly?
- Question:_ When people who have never meditated with a spiritual Master before come to a public meditation, what should they do to enter into his consciousness?
- Question: Can we achieve purity by entering into you?